1 year ago today, I shared my first post on Undercover Blonde.
Honestly, it feels like it’s been longer than that. This time last year I had just quit my job and was preparing for a long stint as Gram’s caregiver. That just goes to show you how much can change in a year.
In the time since that first post I have (among other things):
- Survived about 6 months as Gram’s caregiver.
- Applied for my “dream job” and failed to get it.
- Undergone a great deal of personal growth.
- Successfully dodged the matchmaking attempts of multiple people.
- Got my dog into therapy (still need to tell you about that).
- Got a job at one of the last places I would have pictured myself.
- Started sharing a book on a critique site.
- Developed my painting hobby.
- Kept my fish alive.
- Gained CPR certification.
- Started teaching a class on Sundays.
- Got lost in the world of Tumblr with no hope of escape.
- Developed something of a water-drinking addiction.
- Chopped off most of my hair.
- Started a Day Zero project and already completed several challenges.
- Finally painted my room after glaring at ugly wallpaper for almost a year.
- Read roughly 70 books (I didn’t start updating my Goodreads until last December)
I haven’t exactly achieved the items on my list of where I wanted to be by March, June, or September (I don’t even know where that list is), but I’ve also achieved things I never expected to at this point.
Actually, looking over that aforementioned (afore-linked?) post, I’ve done pretty decently in regards to expectations and plans. As for keeping this year’s word of “balance” in mind, well…. I don’t know that I’m doing so well on that front. I seem to have committed myself to several more projects without giving up any and I’m still struggling to manage my time well.
Is it too early to start thinking about next year’s word? Because I already have several in mind.
I do want to say thank you to everyone who, for whatever reason, has stopped by this blog to read, comment, “like”, and even follow. I didn’t set out to see how many followers I could gain, but it’s always encouraging to see how many people I don’t know in real life find something relateable (or at least mildly amusing) in my writing. I’ve been back to blogging steadily for several months thanks to you guys!
Though they aren’t really along the lines of what I wrote down in January, I have some decent – if not grand – plans for September; namely to 1) track my spending to better develop a realistic budget, 2) finally complete this round of edits for my WIP, 3) continue to declutter my possessions (so-o-o many notebooks), and 4) keep up the healthy habits I’ve started and try to add a few more.
At least I’ll have some decent blogging material!
Thanks for reading!
(Look! I got a fancy signature thing!)