myopic (mahy-op-ik, oh-pik) adj.
- ophthalmology. pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted.
- unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted.
- 1acking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded
Of 4 things I am certain:
- I struggle with change, unless it is changing my mind. I am getting better at adapting and improvising, but I prefer predictability. This means I over-analyze, second-guess, and overreact a great deal.
- I am always asking questions. I also enjoy sharing what I learn, even when people don’t ask for it. Much of my writing is me putting to words the things I have discovered and the ideas I am trying out.
- I am outspoken and opinionated to a fault. Often my mouth works ahead of the reasoning side of my brain, resulting in the spewing-forth of notions that haven’t been tested yet. As such, I tend to be an unreliable narrator.
- Life is all about learning, messing up, and moving forward, and I struggle constantly to accept this. But in this struggle, I am constantly undone by the simple beauty of God’s grace.
On this blog I chronicle my strange, colorful, unpredictable life and my ongoing attempts to embrace every ugly and beautiful part of it, with the aim of keeping regrets to a minimum and always pushing the limits, despite my untried and often terrified heart.